Thursday, October 25, 2012

Urban Decay Vice Palette

Yesterday I mentioned that my husband Jim returned from Arizona and brought me gifts. One of those gifts was the Urban Decay Vice Palette, and another was the 24/7 Smoked Pencil set! Awesome picks, I had no idea he took notice of things I bought took interest when I talked about makeup. I'm extremely impressed with his choices! I was going to feature them both in this post but it ended up being so long with only the Vice Palette that I decided to do another post today about the 24/7 Smoked Pencils. This isn't a proper review since I haven't done a look with them or tested their staying power or anything like that, it's more of a 'first impressions' post with swatches. So, let's take a look!
Front Packaging
Back Packaging
Palette
The Vice Palette is nicely packaged. The cardboard outer packaging has a crystal design on it and is coloured deep purple and black. On the back you'll find the shadows named and pictured. The palette itself has a raised 'UD' logo on it and is also coloured deep purple. When you push the button on the front, the lid opens by itself! Fancy! :D

When you open it up, you'll find twenty beautiful shadows along with a double ended 'Good Karma' brush. There's a big mirror under the lid too. Prepare for lots of swatches:
Row 1 - Desperation, Muse, Jagged, Blitz, Penny Lane
Row 2 - Junkie, Chaos, Occupy, Unhinged, Black Market
Row 3 - Provocateur, Rapture, Vice, Noise, Armor
Row - 4 Nevermind, Echo Beach, Anonymous, Freebird, Laced
Wow, that's a lot of swatches. While I was swatching them I was thinking of which ones would compliment each other, but they've pretty much done that for you by row. These shades are blowing my mind though. I have so many look ideas, I don't even know where to start. I can't even pick favourites right now! I thought the brights (Chaos, Noise, Unhinged) would be my favourites for sure, they're the reason this palette caught my eye to begin with, but after swatching the others there are just too many amazing shades that I love. There's not one shadow here that I won't have use for.

The quality is fantastic, as always. The shadows are soft with great colour payoff. There's a wide range of finishes and an even wider range of colours to choose from.There are uber glittery ones, shimmers, satins and mattes. You've got metallics, brights, darks and soft, feminine shades. I'm excited about the pink/peach colours, it can be hard to find really great shadows in these colours so I can't wait to try these out. This palette was bought for me as a gift but is priced at €47, or $59. Are you lucky enough to have picked up this badass palette yet?

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh this is so gorgeous! I need it in my life haha...think I'll ask for it for Christmas :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been too busy to use it yet and it's killing me!! lol

      Delete