Monday, July 9, 2012

Review with Look! - Revlon Custom Eyes - Rich Temptations

Today I'm reviewing another Revlon product! The 3 for 2 offer is still on at Boots :)

There were a few different CustomEyes palettes available, they cost about €11. I picked up the one named Rich Temptations. I chose this one because it seemed to have the best variety of colours. It consists of 5 shadows, pictured below.

I really like the packaging! It's quite small too, perfect for taking in your purse. It's even small enough to fit comfortably in a clutch bag.
I did swatches of the shadows and everything for you! ^_^
The poor shadows don't have names, but they have numbers instead.

From left to right: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

I swatched the shadows over NXY White Eyeshadow Base. I won't be swatching on bare skin at all on my blog. If you're not using an eyeshadow primer or base, you should be.
Each shadow has a satin finish, here's a short description of each:

1 - This one's a pale pink colour. Very pretty in the palette, but applies too sheer for my liking. I really wish this one were a bit more intense, as I really like pink shadows!

2 - This colour looks plum in the palette, but goes on a bit browner than you'd expect. It's still a nice colour though.

3 - A sheer champagne shadow. It's great for brow and inner corner highlight.

4 - A lovely moss green colour! I really like this one because I don't have another shadow quite like it in my collection.

5 - I was sort of disappointed with this one. In the palette it looks like a deep purple, but when you swatch it, it's closer to black. There are subtle purple undertones, but it's not what it appears.

A couple of the colours look a little too different swatched than they do in the palette. I was unimpressed with this to be honest. The colour payoff for the darker shadows is quite good, but for the paler shadows it's not great. I couldn't even build the colour up to make it more intense. I'm talking more about the pink in this case, as I can use the champagne for highlight.

On the back of the package, there's a sort of makeup tutorial! I thought this was quite cool, so I recreated it. I actually wish more products included pictures of look ideas!
The eyeball on the left is my eyeball! :D


Again I used NYX White Eyeshadow Base. The shadows are nice to work with. They apply and blend nicely and they look really good. The dark colours are strong enough that you don't need to pack them on heavily to get them opaque. Until I'd used the shadows to do this look with, I wasn't that impressed at all. Actually working with them and seeing how nice they are to use somewhat changed my mind about them. They lasted plenty long enough too. I wore mine for about 12 hours and it looked pretty much the same as when I applied it.

I finished this look with the following products:

  • NYC Liquid Liner - Black
  • Essence Kajal Pencil - Black 
  • No7 Intense Volume Mascara - Black
  • Essence Eyebrow Designer - Brown

To conclude, I like quite like this palette, despite my disappointment after swatching them. I'd be conscious of buying Revlon shadows without being able to test them in-store, though. Next time I'm in Boots I'll have a look at what other shadows they offer. I know they have Colorstay quad palettes so I might check those out, since the other products in the Colorstay line that I've tried are great.

I'll leave you with some more pictures of the look I did from this palette!







2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't have guessed this pallet could look so nice. I love dirty jaded greens :)

    Lolled @ "The poor shadows don't have names"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha :D

    I've used the palette a good bit since actually! The champagne and green especially. Great buy to be fair :)

    ReplyDelete